A large majority of dairy manufacturers are considered as critical industries. Not only in pandemic times they are challenged to maintain integrity of the food chain ensuring adequate and safe food supply for the consumers. That includes keeping all workers in the dairy production healthy and safe reinforcing personal hygiene measures and improving hygiene controls in the production process.
Make sure that you observe six key aspects to ensuring a sufficient air quality in your production process:
- Maintain ventilation and air conditioning systems in a perfectly hygienic state, operating flawlessly.
- Provide as much ventilation of spaces with outdoor air as possible while reducing the share of recirculated air to a minimum, at best 0%.
- Control temperature and humidity with conditioned air, reducing the growth of microorganisms
- Use efficient air filtration systems to avoid air-borne contaminants, and where practical, use at least filter class H 13 according to EN 1822 which separate 99,95% of all contamination in the particle range relevant to the SARS-CoV-2 virus (80-160 nm).
- Follow the regularly installed rhythms for filter replacement and maintenance as well as duct cleaning procedures.
- During maintenance work operating workers shall respect all common protective measures including appropriate personal protective equipment. (cf. REHVA 2020; VDMA 2020 + 2021).
Contaminants responsible for the majority of food safety notifications at a glance. Effective air filtration protects against this.
Our filtration experts are close to where you are and are ready to provide prompt support in your dairy processing. Simply fill out the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.